Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Blog has fallen and it can't get up


Well, well, well, what a busy summer/fall it has been. It has also been a long time since I have paid any attention to these pages ... Maybe it is time for me to get back to work. 

While we are on this topic, It is interesting through this blog however, to watch the ebb  and flow of my productivity. 

It doesn't seem to matter how many years go by, the truth of this process is that sometimes you feel creative and sometimes you don't. And sometimes, while you may even feel musically creative, you still may not manage to get a lot of work done.

During these intermittent stretches when I don't feel like playing or doing anything guitar related at all. I may read a few novels. Or even heaven forbid get drawn into a TV series or two with the wife. 

I am posting this to let you know that no matter your level or experience, if you feel this way it is perfectly natural. Forcing yourself through these stretches and making yourself practice can often be the worst thing you can do for your playing. I used to get stressed out about these periods. Or even feel some levels of guilt about them. But now after all these years I see them as a vital part of the learning process. When they are over, I always come back with a vengeance taking it to even higher levels than before.

I have already begun work on a new video for the YouTube channel so watch for that. I am also keeping my ears open for a good lesson topic for these pages. If you have any suggestions of a lesson that you would like me to cover, please don't hesitate to hit the reply box down below and submit something for me to consider.

All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment