Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My new favourite Pick



A trip through my local music store unearthed a hidden gem to me; The Dunlop Jazz Tone series. Specifically the 208. LOVE this thing. Nice solid contact, rolls over the string edges nice. Really good clear tone. Took me zero work to get used to and increased my picking speed and accuracy by a noticeable (to me!) amount.

The cheapest way to improve your sound and possibly help your technique is your pick. Plectrum for you UK types! I firmly believe that no matter how much you think you like the one you are using, switch it up every once in a while... or at least try to. I used to stubbornly use a specific pick for years.. decades... Then one day I tried a new thing and have never looked back. You may be surprised at the gains.

It's fun and inexpensive too. All good.

1 comment:

  1. I use it for bass playing - awesome.

    ReplyDelete