Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Comfortably Numb guitar solos w/tab



Well I have officially begun my foray into online video production. Yaaay! My plan is to create a series of these videos titled "going note for note". This series will feature various famous guitar solos, in an up-close and personal manner. Helping you learn some of these classic solos and therefore improve your own playing.

This solo is also a GREAT example of the power of chord tone soloing. As David Gilmour really hits all the changes. Read this post that breaks down this approach.

Some technical issues with this one:

  • First, the lighting wasn't the greatest, which degraded the general video quality.
  • Second, the original sound of the performed take was pretty much unusable… so I recorded the sound separately then did a merge. So there are some pretty minute discrepancies.
  • Third, my scanner sucks!

These issues will be rectified in future, but I didn't have time to fix it on this one. Hopefully they don't detract too much from the piece. This is really a 'testing the waters' thing, so if it is well received then I will work to improve the process.

Enjoy!

P.S. Here are the tabs for your downloading pleasure


2 comments:

  1. Thank you sir! Please don't let the small things stop you, it's the content that matters!

    King regards from Poland! :-)
    Bartek

    ReplyDelete